Adventures in Online Selling

A mere 5 years ago I had never been on a computer. But I had heard of the phenomenon occuring at the famous auction site. Curiosity got the better of me, I bought the machine, and life for me was greatly changed forever!

Name:
Location: Monmouth County New Jersey

Monday, July 11, 2005

How the Machine Took Over My Life

As I was bidding on every piece of Stanford Corn Pottery in sight, I was also snooping around, and realizing the value of things I saw all around in my flea market treks. It didn't take long to see the writing on the wall, that the way to finance the decorating of the house was to learn to sell off the things I could find that might have been special to someone else, and when my FB was at about 12, I gingerly put up 3 listings, and it took me about 4 hours to do that! A 402 Red Pyrex Primary bowl, a Red Cliff Ironstone Pitcher, and an AH Turquoise 8 inch serving bowl were my entries.

All of these had been bought the day before at a flea market for about 6.00 total. I started the two bowls at 6.99, and the pitcher at 9.99. They sat for about 5 days, and then the miracle happened, one of the numbers in the "Items I'm selling" had turned green! By the end of that day all three were green, and on the 7th day lo and behold, the three items totalled over 60 dollars. That was it, I knew then this was for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Marti said...

Hi Kathy! How funny we picked the same design! LOL! I hosed my template somehow, so I had to scrap everything and start over - LOL!

Great to see you here, I love your blog!

Best wishes with sales AND blogging!

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home